Established in 1996
Intown Manchester is the State of New Hampshire’s first and only Business Improvement District. We are a non-profit, private 501 C3 organization working in cooperation with the City of Manchester to increase downtown’s competitiveness and to affirm Manchester’s position as an economic leader of the New England region. Our service areas include outdoor maintenance and beautification, as well as business support through marketing, communications, and event production.
The Business Improvement District is funded by a surtax placed on properties within what the City of Manchester designates the Central Business Service District. There is no ‘membership’ to Intown Manchester. If you own or work for a business, have an event going on or own property within the CBSD, you are a constituent of Intown Manchester and privy to all available scopes of service provided by the organization.
Since 1996 we have worked as partners with the City to undertake certain management responsibilities of the downtown area and to provide business support within the BID. This mission is accomplished by focusing on two general areas to enhance the economic vitality of the downtown area:
- Developing and operating maintenance and beautification services to enhance the physical environment
- Creating and funding a communications network and developing promotional activities to build a sense of community for the downtown.
What we do:
- Maintenance and Beautification – Intown Manchester provides periodic mechanized sweeping and litter removal service for sidewalks and alleys, graffiti, flowers, trees, and aids in the Millyard Revitalization effort.
- Retail Development & Business Support – Provide support for downtown businesses and restaurants by developing cross promotional programs and providing free marketing efforts.
- Promotional Activities – Intown Manchester designs and implements marketing plans that include the design and production of: The Taste of Downtown The Christmas Parade, The Downtown Holiday Market, Eats Week, street banners, quarterly newsletters, bi-weekly e-newsletters, Downtown Maps & Guides, Downtown Dining Guides, and a website dedicated to promoting business and activities happening downtown.
Want to learn more?
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
(603)645-6285 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org