By: Ron Dupont, Red Oak Apartment Homes
There are some great places around downtown Manchester where you can bring your dog for some fresh air and exercise. We have picked the select few that we believe are the perfect locations for you and your dog to visit!
Here are our 5 Top Picks This Fall:
1. Livingston Park: A beautiful shady wooded area with trails and a beautiful view. It is a favorite for runners, bikers, dogs and local families.
2. Stark Park: Enjoy this historic location by taking your dog for a walk on the park’s original cobblestone roadwork. The park also has clean grassy areas and wooden benches for everyone to use. It’s a great local place for live music events during the summer months.
3. Derryfield Park: A great park to enjoy a beautifully manicured field. Bring a packed lunch and a treat for your dog.
4. Riverwalk: Right in the heart of the city, Manchester’s Riverwalk offers a 2 mile, paved trail alongside the Merrimack River for you and your pet’s enjoyment! Walk downtown after your walk and sit outside for a bite to eat with your dog at one of these spots!
5. Rockingham Recreational Trail: This beautiful trail is one of 1600 rail-trails supported by Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that is working to create a nationwide network of trails! 26 miles full of different areas and things to see. A popular trail year-round.
While walking your pup, always be sure to have them leashed. It is also important to pack plenty of water and a bowl for your dog to drink from. And certainly have a few treats for your pup to reward them for good behavior. Check out the fresh homemade dog treats from Finesse Pastries. And lastly, be a good example and pick up after your dog.
Do you have a favorite dog friendly spot? We would love to hear about it!
About the Author:
Ron Dupont is the Owner of Red Oak Apartment Homes, 289 Pine Street, Manchester, NH. He loves your pets and offers pet friendly apartment living in Manchester, Milford, Derry, Hooksett, Merrimack, Boscawen and Laconia New Hampshire.