It seems like just yesterday I was writing about activities to do with kids in Manchester for February vacation! Now that April vacation is upon us, I hope you enjoy this list of kid-friendly activities for the week!
We try our hardest to ensure the accuracy of these events, but please be sure to call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and cost!
NEW HAMPSHIRE FISHERCATS
Friday, April 25th through Thursday May 1st: The New Hampshire Fishercats will be playing at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium! View the complete schedule here. Free admission for kids under 12 at the game on Tuesday, April 29th at 6:35pm thanks to Hannaford Supermarkets! Call the box office for more details: 603-641-2005.
Monday, April 28th to Wednesday, April 30th: Additionally, the Fishercats will be holding ‘Vacation Week Camp’ for baseball and softball players for children ages 6 to 15! Camp will start each day at 8:30AM and will run until noon. For more details and to register online, click here!
THE CURRIER MUSEUM OF ART
The Currier will be hosting a week-long camp in the Art Center. Additionally, they are holding day events separate from the day camp! More information below! Don’t forget FREE museum admission for the week!
Monday, April 28th to May 2nd: April Vacation Art Camp. Titled “Every Family’s Odyssey.” “Inspired by the magnificent collage and watercolor works in the Currier’s exhibition Romare Bearden: A Black Odyssey, our students will explore their own personal and family histories through the approach of collecting and recording family stories, using family photographs and more. Through the inspiration of personal history, the children will create beautiful and compelling portraits of their family’s story in paint, collage and sculpture.” Full day tuition: Ages 6-14, 9:00AM-3:00PM, $270. Half day tuition: Ages 5 & 6, 9:00AM-noon. $160.
Monday, April 28th at 11:30AM & 1:00PM: Storytime in the Gallery: “Hear a reimagined version of the classic children’s song This Old Man while listening to a reading of The Jazz Man, by Karen Ehrhardt. Then create your own take on an old favorite with words or drawings.” All ages. Free!
Wednesday, April 30th at 11:00AM-1:00PM: Family Studio: “Create your own mythical creature through collage.” All ages. Free!
Thursday, May 1st at 11:00AM-1:30PM: Stories Explored & Dimensions in Dance Performance. “Let the art in the galleries inspire you to tell and illustrate your own story! Materials and guidance will be provided. All ages are welcome and admission is free. Stay afterwards and enjoy a performance by Manchester’s Dimensions in Dance Studio.” All ages. Free!
Friday, May 2nd at 1:00PM: Storyteller: Sebastian Lockwood.” Join NH Storyteller Sebastian Lockwood as he brings Homer’s Odyssey to life. Recommended for ages 7 and older but all ages are welcome. $3 per person. Buy tickets here.
For more information about any of these events, click here!
Monday, April 28th to Friday, May 2nd: Studio 550 will be hosting an April Arts Camp from . The camp theme is: “Heroes, Monsters, and Myth – Let your imaginations run wild now! Be inspired by the creatures in the stories and the fairy tales we all know and love and create your own.” There will be an AM session ( 9AM-12PM) and a PM session (12:30-3:30PM) for each of the five days. Students “may register for just the AM Session, just the PM session, or stay for both for a discounted rate. Siblings also get a discounted rate.” Call 603-232-5597 for more information or click here!
THE AMOSKEAG FISHWAYS
Tuesday, April 29th at 10:00AM-2:00PM: “Fish Festival Featuring Dash and Splash!”
“Line up at 10 am to cheer on US Fish and Wildlife biologists when they deliver adult broodstock salmon, or other trout species, to stock our fish ladder. The wild fish have yet to swim up the Merrimack River, but the ladder is running and there will be fish in our window for up-close and personal viewing. Fish stocking will be followed by fish crafts, fish hats, fish games, and lots of fishy fun! Cost: $3 per person or $6 per family. (Fee does not cover extended family). No registration necessary.” Call 603-626-FISH for more info!
THE PALACE THEATER
Monday, April 28th through Friday, May 2nd: Mupper Mania Camp! “It’s the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, muppet-ational extraveganza, hosted by your favorite muppet pals! See what zany antics arise when trying to put on the biggest show of the season! Grades 2-8. Click here to register!
MANCHESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY
Monday, April 28th:
– 10:00AM-11:00AM: Little Artist Storytime. “Listen to creative stories and make a cool project for you to take home.” Ages 3-7. Registration required. Sign up here.
– 2:30PM-4:30PM: Family Movie–Frozen (PG). Watch the Oscar-winning animated film! Familes Welcome. Registration not required. More info here.
Tuesday, April 29th:
– 9:30AM-10:15AM: Preschool Storytime. “Picture book readings and fingerplays, singing and crafts may be included.” Ages 4-5. Registration not required. More info here.
– 11:30AM-1:30PM: Teddy Bear Picnic & Parade: “Come join us for the Manchester City Library’s Annual Teddy Bear Picnic. On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 11:30 am, we will gather in the Children’s Room. When everyone is ready, we will parade through the library and then outside to the side lawn for a picnic for a noon performance by Lindsay and Her Puppet Pals. Don’t forget to bring your teddy bears!” All Ages. Registration not required. More info here.
Wednesday, April 30th:
– 1:00PM-3:00PM: Afternoon at the Movies: Despicable Me 2 (PG). Families welcome. More info here.
– 4:00PM-5:00PM: Teen Craft Event. “Get creative and make something.” For grades 6-12. More info here.
Thursday, May 1st:
10:00AM-11:00AM: Children’s Storytime at West. “Stop in for a good story and a fun craft. All ages. No registration required. More info here.
– 10:30AM-11:15AM: Little Movers Storytime. “Combines books, music and movement activities for ages 2 to 5. The program lasts 30-45 minutes, and sitting still is kept to a minimum. No registration is required.” Contact Amy for more info 624-6550 ext. 328 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More info here.
– 2:00PM-4:00PM: Jungle Jim’s Wild About Reading Balloon Magic Show. “Combines balloon artistry, magic, comedy, and improv to create an amazing experience for children…Tickets for the very limited seating will be given out the day of the performance, starting 30 minutes before.” More info here.
– 4:00PM-5:00PM: Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Teen Event. “Play Wii at the library and participate in a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. For grades 6-12.” More info here.
Friday, May 2nd:
– 2:30PM to 4:00PM: Board Game Afternoon. “Let’s unplug during school vacation week by playing our favorite board games. For grades K-5. Registration not required. More info here.
– 3:00PM-5:15PM: “Movie at West: Pirate Fairy (G). More info here.
Monday, April 28th-Friday, May 4th, 12:30PM-3:30PM: “Kids of all ages can enjoy climbing with supervision and belaying by [Vertical Dreams’] experienced staff.” $25 a person. Call 625-6919 for more details!
Monday, April 28th-Friday, May 4th: $10 drop – in rate for full time students ages 10+. Kids yoga is not included. Must be accompanied by parent or guardian. College students must present ID. Good for regular classes Monday through Friday with advance registration. In studio payment only! Call 204-4284 for more details!
YMCA of Greater Manchester Downtown
Monday, April 28th-Friday, May 4th: The Y will be hosting a fun, daytime camp all week long! “Keep your kids busy during April school vacation at the Y! We’ll keep them active and entertained with swimming, crafts, games, fun themes, gym, sports, outdoor play and so much more! Registration deadline is WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23.” For more information please contact: Nicole Burke, YMCA of Downtown Manchester at 603.232.8670 or email@example.com.
SEE Science Center
All Week Long!: The SEE Science Center is open all week for “self-guided exploration of the exhibit areas.” Their hours are Monday-Friday 10:00AM-4:00PM and Saturday-Sunday 10:00AM-5:00PM. Admission is $8 per person ages 3 and up. Visit their website for more details: www.see-sciencecenter.org!